Is bigger better? You bet it is, when it's a big-bore revolver!
Big-Bore Revolvers offers a one-stop resource for the large-caliber revolver novice to the hardened veteran and everyone in between. With in-depth coverage of commercial and wildcat calibers and their effectiveness, theoretical and actual application of terminal ballistics and a detailed look at today's large revolvers, this is the most comprehensive book ever published on the big-bore revolvers.
- A one-stop resource for everything you want and need to know about big-bore revolvers
- Foreword by Dick Casull, modern big-bore revolver pioneer and father of the cartridge that carries his name--the famous .454 Casull
- A comprehensive look at dozens of oversized cartridges, their designers and ballistics
- Detailed descriptions of the large-caliber revolvers that can handle big-bore loads--even if you can't!
- More than 250 full-color photos, highlighting cartridge comparisons, the revolvers themselves, and the big and dangerous game that are no match for the devastating power of short- and long-range revolvers.
- And much, much more!
Read an Excerpt
Energy, as such, can not be measured. Muzzle energy figures are calculated. Fortunately, once the energies are calculated, you can file them away in the useless information bin. Yup, muzzle energy has no reflection on the lethality of one round over another. Any .22-250 rifle round loaded to spec will create a higher muzzle energy number than some loads for the .454 Casull. Which one would you rather have when facing down an angry grizzly bear? For me, it sure wouldn’t be the .22-caliber round, despite its energy “advantage.”
About the Author:
Max Prasac is a member of Handgun Hunters International, life member of the North American Hunt Club, and a Life Member of the National Rifle Association. Max writes a column for Boar Hunter, and Bear Hunting magazines, and is an occasional contributor to the National Rifle Association (NRA) publications, particularly American Hunter.
Don't forget to check out more revolver books from Gun Digest: Gun Digest Book of the Revolver and Gunsmithing Pistols & Revolvers.