Don't Be a Victim! Learn How to Fight Back!
Self-defense secrets for women, from avoiding confrontation to winning if you must fight
You'll Love This If:
- You're a woman who wants to learn self-defense basics
- You want to learn about guns and gear for concealed carry
- You want to be able to prevail against any attacker, no matter their size
According to crime statistics, violet crimes against women are at an all-time high. Don't become a statistic - refuse to be a victim! In Personal Defense for Women, author Gila Hayes teaches you the building blocks to the self-defense lifestyle, including awareness, confrontation avoidance – and knowing when and how to fight back if necessary. Learn personal safety and security in your home, vehicle, workplace or on the street - there's no better guide than Personal Defense for Women.
You’ll Learn About:
- Confrontation avoidance and situational awareness
- Self-defense tools and techniques
- Getting started with handguns and concealed carry for women
Sneak Peek: The Home Defense Shotgun for Women
While the handgun is an easy firearm with which to learn shooting skills, it is not the most powerful defensive weapon one may choose. The home defense shotgun lays claim to that title.. Read more
TIP: The Perfect Gift for Any Lady!
About the Author
- Women's Rights and Responsibilities
- Developing a Safety Conscious Attitude
- A Fight Avoided is a Fight Won
- Finding the Will to Survive
- Emotional and Physical Consequences of Survival
- The Comfort of Home Safety
- The Bump in the Night
- Campus Safety for Young Adults
- Personal Safety at Work
- Hit 'Em Where it Hurts
- Non Lethal Tools
- Rape Prevention and Survival
- When Am I Allowed to Shoot?
- Safe Gun Habits to Live By
- Basic Firearms Training
- Annie, Get Your Gun
- All About Handgun Ammunition
- Shooting Skills
- Concealed Carry
- The Home Defense Shotgun
- Shotgun Ammunition
- Rifles and Carbines
- Post-Shooting Survival
- Plus hundreds of photos depicting real-world self-defense scenarios!
Gila Hayes, a 10-year veteran of the Washington State police departments, is a leading authority on personal defense and contemporary women's issues. Along with her husband Marty, she operates The Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc., a practical firearms training school. In addition, Gila and Marty Hayes also manage the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
What The Experts are Saying
"Read this book. Buy it for the ladies in your life, and urge them to read it too. It's not about guns so much as it's about empowerment." - Massad Ayoob
"Women cannot rely on 'police protection' any more than men can. In Personal Defense for Women, Hayes gives practical advice on everything from avoiding conflict all the way to responsible use of handguns, revolvers and shotguns – and everything in between, including concealed carry issues for women. Based on decades of experience teaching armed self defense, this is practical advice for women, from a woman who talks the talk and walks the walk." - Corrina Peterson, Editor, Gun Digest