America’s favorite Black Rifle explained.
You’ll love this AR-15 book if:
- You want to know the distinction between AK & AR models
- You want to learn about AR-15 history and its rise to popularity
- You’re a fan of other Gun Digest books & products
The Gun Digest Book of the AR-15 is the ultimate guide for anyone looking to learn about the small-caliber rifle known as the Black Rifle—if it’s AR-15 related, it’s in this book! Begin with the history and evolution of the AR-15, and transition into accessory and equipment options for the rifle, including ammunition, magazines, barrels, stocks, forearms, scopes, and more. The author, Patrick Sweeney, also presents the opportunity to consult results of product tests from current prominent manufacturers, and discusses myths surrounding the Black Rifle.
In The Gun Digest Book of the AR-15 you’ll find:
- 500 detailed, black & white photos for easier identification
- Catalog listings with specs for each model
- Tips & hints on cleaning & maintenance, as well as a discussion of key legal information
About the Author
Patrick Sweeney is a noted author in the field of gunsmithing and retired gunsmith. Sweeney instructs courses on the patrol rifle and AR-15. He is also the Handguns Editor of Guns & Ammo magazine, and has contributed to several other publications and authored multiple books on gun-related topics, including the Gun Digest Big Fat Book of the .45 ACP, and Gunsmithing: Rifles.