The experts and the armed defense topics they examine in Straight Talk on Armed Defense:
- John Hearne takes us “inside the defender’s head” and reveals the most effective route to train and prepare for self-defense incidents.
- Dr. Anthony Semone discusses post-shooting trauma and necessary steps to develop resilience and symptom reduction following a deadly force event.
- Dr. Alexis Artwohl explains why understanding how the mind operates is critical to surviving an attack and the legal and emotional challenges that follow.
- Dr. William Aprill describes “the face of the enemy” to help us understand violence and those who traffic in it.
- Craig “Southnarc” Douglas details the conditions present during the typical criminal assault and how to incorporate those conditions into your training.
- Massad Ayoob discusses power, responsibility and the armed lifestyle.
- Tom Givens underscores the importance of finding relevant training, through case studies of his own students involved in armed encounters.
- “Spencer Blue,” active robbery/homicide detective, reveals patterns that emerged during his investigations and describes the differences in tactics of citizens who won versus those who lost.
- Ron Borsch presents dozens of actual cases of armed and unarmed citizens single-handedly stopping mass murders in progress.
- Harvey Hedden provides insight and advice on lawfully armed citizens and interactions with law enforcement.
- Jim Fleming, Esq. describes the criminal trial process and how it plays out in a “righteous use of deadly force in self-defense” case.
- Marty Hayes, JD, provides the critical questions that must be asked to choose a reliable post-self-defense incident support provider.