Did Your CCW Instructor Tell You This?
If Not, Are You Really Ready?
You'll Love This If:
- You just got your concealed weapons permit
- You've carried concealed for years and want advanced ideas on CCW
- You want new concealed carry tips you've never read before
There is no shortage of advice on carrying a handgun for self-defense. But Armed—The Essential Guide to Concealed Carry is like nothing you’ve read before. Authored by Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D., a noted psychologist specializing in self-defense instruction, Armed is the thinking gun owner’s bible. This comprehensive volume breaks down not just the tools and tactics, but the mindset and choices an armed citizen must know to win a gunfight and not get wrongfully prosecuted.
- Why going armed is about owning your safety, not just a handgun
- The true psychological mindset that drives anti-gunners
- How to avoid the “Hero Syndrome”
- What rules of engagement lead to justifiable use of force
- How to deal with the trauma after a shooting incident
- Practical dry-fire and live-fire drills
- Weapon retention — keeping a gun grab from happening to you
- The Force Continuum — how to survive an attack
- Comprehensive overview on new gear for concealed carry
With comprehensive overviews on concealed carry gear that works and common-sense solutions to everyday carry problems, Armed: The Essential Guide to Concealed Carry is the one reference book you need to read cover to cover if you carry concealed weapons for self-defense.
- Your Safety - Own It
- Everyone Can Learn to Protect Themselves
- Gun Therapy
- The Good Person's Code
- Don't Be a Hero
- Trust Only Yourself
- Confrontation Psychology
- Managing Uncertainty: Ten Simple Solutions
- Psychological Preparedness for Combat Survival
- Common Gun Control Myths
- The Judicious Use of Deadly Force
- The Rules of Engagement
- A Clear View of Your Personal Security Needs
- Your Plan for Concealed Carry
- Concealed Carry: Five Dos and Don'ts
- Safety Awareness: Your First Priority
- Post-Shooting Trauma
- Choosing a Defensive Handgun for Concealed Carry
- Living with "Mouse Guns"
- Concealment Holster Primer
- Choosing a Comfortable Concealment Holster
- Beyond Gun & Holster
- The Necessity of Knives
- The Importance of Follow-Through
- What's Your Stance?
- Skills Maintenance Drills
- Advanced Dry-Practice Drills
- Weapon Retention and the Draw Stroke
- Reality-Based Skills
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- Individualized Handgun Training
- Training for a Gunfight
- Training as we Age
- Plus hundreds of additional tips for successful concealed carry!
About the Author:
Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist, NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Certified Utah Concealed Firearms Instructor, and a professional writer. He conducts forensic evaluations, writing and training in the defensive use of firearms through his company, Personal Defense Solutions, LLC (www.personaldefensesolutions.net). Dr. Eimer has testified as an expert witness in civil, criminal, gun rights and self-defense cases. He is the owner of the popular defensivehandguns.com website.
What People are Saying
"As a psychologist who understands the gun ... Bruce Eimer brings much to the table that is lacking in some other quarters of self-defense training. This, his newest book, is a most worthwhile read, and one I encourage you to take seriously." - Massad Ayoob, November 23, 2011
Love the Armed: Essential Guide to Concealed Carry Book? Let us Know! Leave a Product Review Here!