You’ll appreciate this revolver book if:
- You own a modern reproduction of a percussion revolver and would like to put it to good use
- You want practical “how-to” information on the percussion revolver
- You’d like to learn supplemental historical information about the classic percussion revolver
The Handbook of Modern Percussion Revolvers by Michael Morgan takes a non-traditional approach to the classic black powder gun. In addition to presenting intriguing historical facts about the firearm, loading and shooting information for putting modern percussion revolvers to good use is also included. Instead of letting these iconic replica pieces solely hang over your mantle, take advantage of the opportunity to go out and shoot them! Get an in-depth look at the parts and terminology of several different styles of the percussion revolver, a little bit of history on the famous people that carried this classic firearm, an overview of the inner workings of the gun, advice for cleaning and preserving your black powder gun, and much more. If you’re looking for a thorough introduction for beginners and reference guide to the modern percussion revolver, this is it.
In the Handbook of Modern Percussion Revolvers you’ll find:
- 150+ color illustrations to aid in understanding of disassembly, parts & terminology, cleaning & preservation, and more
- Tips & tricks for accurate shooting
- Dozens of historical fun facts and movie trivia
A word from the author:
“For 170 years, the percussion pistol has proven itself to be a reliable companion when the chips are down, and it is still an accurate and effective weapon in the hands of a person who knows how to use one.” —Michael Morgan
About the author:
Michael Morgan fell in love with blackpowder firearms as a youth at Boy Scout summer camp. Since then, he’s devoted more than 35 years to firearms expertise with these special firearms and their current-day use and care. This is Morgan’s first book with Gun Digest.