You’ll appreciate this gun safety guide if:
- You want to be able to provide your children with a basic understanding and respect for firearms
- You’d like to learn about secure storage methods for firearms
- You’re looking for information on firearm safety from the experts
Gun Safety in the Home by Massad Ayoob is your guide to replacing your child’s natural curiosity and ignorance with a basic understanding and respect for firearms, wherever, and in whatever situations they may encounter them. Not only will you find gun safety information from the experienced author, but you will also benefit from valuable advice from many other experts who Massad Ayoob resources.
Begin your exploration of gun safety with a chapter on core firearms safety principles, which presents the “Ten Commandments of Firearms Safety,” as well as other important fundamentals like wearing appropriate gear and clothing, and using proper ammunition. Learn techniques for safe handling, as well as secure storage methods for firearms in the home. Discover tactics geared specifically toward ensuring gun safety around children, and explore a discussion of how firearms accidents happen in the first place, in order to effectively prevent these occurrences. Whether you own firearms for protection, sport, or other reasons, or don’t own guns at all, this gun safety guide will help you educate your children about firearms.
In Gun Safety in the Home you’ll find:
- Information on teaching children the proper response in situations in which a firearm is present
- Advice on instilling an informed, respectful, and responsible attitude toward firearms
- Safe handling of firearms & secure storage methods
A word from the author:
“‘Use things the way they’re meant to be used.’ We say that a lot as parents and grandparents; we need to constantly say it to ourselves.” –Massad Ayoob
About the author:
Massad Ayoob has published thousands of articles and authored more than a dozen books on firearms, self-defense and related topics. He founded the Lethal Force Institute in 1981 and served as its director until 2009, and now trains through Massad Ayoob Group.
Chapter One: Core Firearms Safety Principles
Chapter Two: Firearms Storage in the Home
Chapter Three: Children and Guns
Chapter Four: Safety and Gun Accidents
About the Author